Menu
benarty31
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pin number on movies

Hi Just had Virgin installed today. When I go onto any of the Sky Cinema channels that are age restricted i.e age 12 or above it keeps asking me to enter my pin 1234. Is there a way to disable this so I can access all channels of any age at any time without the pin?

Also on the App I tried to go into parental settings and its saying my 1234 pin is incorrect, is there a separate default pin for the app?

Cheers

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pin number on movies

The default parental control PIN is indeed 1234 - see Parental Control help 

And no, the PIN protection on certain Sky channels can't be removed, it's part of the industry-wide regulatory trade-off for broadcasters having particular programs during daylight hours.

I understand this currently applies to Sky Cinema, Sky Comedy & Sky Documentaries. And probably some others that I can't place at the moment!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's an OFCOM requirement that films rated up to ‘15’ can be broadcast between 0530 and 2000 on premium subscription channels and up to '18' on PPV between 0530 and 2100 provided that they are protected by a mandatory PIN code which cannot be removed or bypassed by viewers. 

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
benarty31
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

See i find that weird as I've had Sky for years and don't have that issue and clearly they are regulated by Ofcom too 

mjkerr
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As a Sky customer (Sky Q) there is an option to Disable Parental control

There is no option with Virgin Media

0 Kudos