Menu
Oxybong
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Picture quality

L146TE 

Why is my tv picture constantly pixelating and breaking up, some days it's fine for a couple of hours, some days, like today it's every couple of seconds.. very annoying and ruining everything I try to watch..

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture quality

Pixellation & picture breakup, assuming you've rebooted your box once, is symptomatic of a fault somewhere that results in a poor TV signal.

You need to report faults to VM in order for them to investigate and rectify them.. this could be a box fault, or a cabling problem, VM can identify remotely whether an engineer visit or box-swap is necessary. If you can identify any specific channels (HD? SD?) that are affected, this can help narrow the problem down.

The end result will be the same, I'd recommend you call VM to report this. 150 from a VM landline, or 0345 4541111 otherwise, and follow the menu options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture quality

Hi Oxybong,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into, I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you about this. If you have managed to get this resolved please let me know, however if you are still in need of help I would be happy to help. 

Just in case you are still having this issue, can I ask if you've checked that all the cables from the Box to the TV are hand tight? Including the HDMI, power cable, Coax cable and splitter if you have one. 

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos