Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Picture quality

Hello all. Joined up on the 8th of jan and have noticed some of the sports channels especially are really quite poor quality wise. The hd channels are better but still not as crisp as expected. 4K toshiba tv and output set at 2160. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture quality

Hi guys new to virgin and have noticed the picture quality is really quite poor on the sports channels. Hd channels are better but still not as crisp as expected. Any suggestions? Output set to 2160. Have tried using the app messaging service but have had no replies. All connections seem ok. Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I don't have a V6 personally, but several people on here have reported success by playing with the video output settings to let the V6 upscale to 1080i but the TV then do the 2160 bit.

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Video output.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That’s great cheers I’ll give it a try and report back. Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor picture quality

Hi, 
I have changed to the Virginmedia V6 from the Sky Q box and the picture quality is very poor. The HD pictures are quite poor and there seems to be pixelation as well. I tried calling the support team and haven't had any luck. I would actually disconnect if they allowed me to do so. So disappointed with the services. I have tried changing all sorts of settings but still no luck. 
Any support is welcome.
Cheers. 

0 Kudos