Menu
pault1954
Joining in
Message 1 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Picture quality

Been having problems with pixelation mostly on bbc 2 and picture break up on other channels. Phoned the help line yesterday and was left with an unconnected box and no live TV which I managed to fix myself by rebooting box. Said I wasn’t happy with service and asked to speak to a supervisor. Was promised a call back within one hour which never happened. Still having problems with pixelation on bbc 2 . I think I need an engineer call out and possibly a new TiVo box. How do I progress this.

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture quality

Pixelation on Live TV is generally a signal issue.

Insist on an engineer visit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
pault1954
Joining in
Message 3 of 26
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the quick reply. i asked the help line for an engineer visit and was told that it was not an option! so how do i get virgin media to send an engineer?

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 26
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Take the options for ‘thinking of leaving’, rather than those for your TV fault.

Souldn’t be necessary but .....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

pault1954
Joining in
Message 5 of 26
Flag for a moderator

So I’ve now made an official complaint and asked for an engineer visit. No response yet. In the meantime I’ve had yet another sa

es call and an email asking me to rate my experience of using the help lines. You can imagine my response. 

0 Kudos
cissyw
Joining in
Message 6 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Picture on all channels are still pixelating,  phoned the help support team last week went through the normal questions,checked cables on V6 box OK! rebooted etc. didn't make any difference, husband spoke to engineers in who were in our Area the other day and they said they were trying fix it, did a status scan today no fault has been reported. Some compensation should be given for the length of time it's taking to fix it!!!!!   

0 Kudos
pault1954
Joining in
Message 7 of 26
Flag for a moderator

My picture is still pixelating and ocassionally producing a halo like effect usually when quick movement is involved I don’t know if anybody else gets this. I have made an official complaint 5days ago but have had no response. I would switch to sky tomorrow if I thought I could get a fast broadband speed. I notice the Guardian recently said that their consumer page has more complaints about virgin than anybody else. This is the first time in 5 years I’ve asked for some help and I am appalled at the lack of any response. Does anybody from virgin read these posts.

0 Kudos
matt41
Joining in
Message 8 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I've had numerous issues of picture drop out and loss of sound. My bugbear is the generally poor quality of the sister channels like 5 USA and the others like ITV +1. This is probably a bandwidth issue but it’s insulting inthis day and age of HD TVs to supply such poor channel quality. 

Vigin are terrible with support and it’s a disgrace to call them engineers, they are technicians (no insult to techs and I blame British Gas for the misuse of the term). 

0 Kudos
Hetty_R
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi pault1954, 

Welcome to our community forums! 

Apologies for the delayed response.

I am really sorry to hear you've been had some problems with the picture quality on your set top box. Have you managed to get this resolved since your post? Have the team provided a resolution for your complaint? 

Many thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Hetty_R
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 10 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi cissyw, 

Thanks for getting in touch! 

I am sorry you've also been experiencing issues with the picture quality. Hopefully this has been resolved since your post, if not please let us know and we will be more than happy to help. 

Thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos