Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Picture jumps and freezes

We've had this problem over the weekend. Just got a new Smart TV so was worried it was that, but everything else (non Virgin) is absolutely fine. Picture jumping all over the place and talking completely out of sync with mouths moving! Watching Strictly was almost un-watchable! We have a TIVO box. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: picture jumps and freezes

Hi LilyPop, 

Thank you for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing similar issues. 

Can you please confirm if you have checked the cables leading to the equipment are secure and without damage? This would include checking the HDMI cable on a different device if possible. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture jumps and freezes

I'd also recommend rebooting your box if you've not done so already, and check for area faults on 0800 5610061

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you - I will try all that shortly and come back if it's still a problem. Although having read through several similar threads, does appear there are a lot of people with the same issue at the moment! We put it down to everyone being at home on a Saturday night instead of out! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

We have rebooted and checked all cables and fingers crossed seems to be OK now - will keep an eye out.

Thanks 

0 Kudos