Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Picture jumping

• Hi, I have a TiVo box and the picture on all channels is constantly twitching/jumping. Worse on recordings. Plus on demand is painfully slow and occasionally fails. Tried resetting, turning off, unplugging etc.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture jumping

Do you have a TiVo or a V6? If you're not sure, check here 

The TiVo is an old box and does struggle with many of the streaming apps, but many problems are down to the internal internet connection dropping - do you get any flashing green lights on the front-left?

Broken pictures on live TV is a symptom of a signal fault - reboot the box once, then call in and report your fault. 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Japitts, thanks for the response. It's definitely a TiVo. I don't believe the jumping is a signal issue as it improves for a while after a reboot. I would call Virgin but, unfortunately, I have no voice due to laryngectomy.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You could try the text message service - 07533 051809

Restarts do have a habit of clearing the symptoms of various faults for a short time. It's when they return again, that there's something underlying that needs fixing...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos