Menu
Curgy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Picture intermittently pixalates

Over the last few weeks the picture on the tv keeps intermittently pixelating.  This seems to happen on several different channel both std and hd.  I have tried resetting the box, if makes no difference.  Any suggestions what to do or is it just ring 150 and wait?

Cheers. Chris

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture intermittently pixalates

Is this on all channels or just some of them? If it's just some of them, then detailing which ones (specifically) may well help diagnose where the problem lies.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
MrR07
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I am also suffering from pixelation on some HD channels current ones that are bad Nat Geo and Freesports. Tried all the reboot stuff and no joy😕

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi MrR07,

Thanks for confirming which channels are affected.

Nat Geo  HD and Freesports HD are on the same frequency as Gold HD, Pure Babes HD, Sky Greats HD, Sky Scifi & Horror HD and Premier1 HD.

If you have issues with those channels as well (depending on which package you have) that would sound like a signal problem and would need an engineer to sort it out. You would need to either send a text mesaage or call them. Or hang on here for a day or two and hopefully a member of Forum Staff will pick this up for you.

if you want to try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.  Options 1,1 and 2 Faults

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris,

if you can give us a list of some of the channels it will help  determine if it's a box fault or a signal issue.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@MrR07 

Can you check (Depending on your package), Sky Cinema Greats HD, Gold HD & Premier Sports 1 HD?

Those channels also share the same broadcast frequency as Freesports HD & Nat Geo HD - if they're breaking up, that's strong evidence of a fault with either your box tuners, or your incoming signal. This will need Virgin to log a fault and probably assign an engineer to visit.

@Curgy

Same question - do you have any channels that are affected, and we can see if there's any commonality to them. If there is, it would help narrow down the cause of your fault.

And for the benefit of others reading this thread - if a reboot fails to resolve picture breakup issues, it's almost certainly a fault that needs resolving. Either a faulty box (perhaps but not neccesarily, the tuners) or a problem with your cabling somewhere. The problems tend not to go away unless they're attended to.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

MrR07
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Japitts

Yes Gold HD and Greats movies are playing up too I don’t have premier sports so can’t check that one

0 Kudos
MrR07
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Newapollo.... will try to get hold as these channels are all playing up 👍

0 Kudos
Curgy
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Since I posted the problem I have been checking channels.  It was affecting a lot.  BBC1 both std and HD, Chnl4, Challenge, ITV and many others.  However as of yesterday the problem has gone away?  So fingers crossed somebody sorted it out! If it comes back I’ll post again.  Cheers everyone. 👍🙂

Chris

0 Kudos
MrR07
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

My channels are playing up still and on the box upstairs also so I presume I need to get an engineer out

0 Kudos