Menu
Matto330
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Picture distortion

Good Evening 

I have picture distortion on BBC1 and ITV channels , I have run the tests, Changed the HDMI cable  , rebooted, waited 48 hours , all the other channels work i have to select BBC London to watch the BBC , It's rather annoying to say the least , I have read a previous post on here where someone had the same problem, I can ring the main number again and wait the 45 minutes to get through to be told to reboot , Whilst I get technology issues happen they seem to be happening more with Virgin I have been with Virgin for many years and feel now i'm not getting value for money on the basics is anyone else have the same issues? , i want to get this resolved quite quickly without doing the telephone hurdles dial this select that then to get through to someone who is reading from a script to delay the action that something is wrong.

does anyone have a simple answer that might be able to help me.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture distortion

Picture breakup is normally indicative of a service fault that is causing poor TV signal. One reboot for safety's sake, then it's always time to report it. Forum staff on here do work through posts, but it can take a few days and if you're off-service I'd always recommend calling.

You've mentioned a couple of channels, but are you talking HD or SD? If you can identify specific channels it may help diagnose.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Matto330
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

SD the main channels , I rebooted again tonight still same problem , I can select different channels to watch but want a simple life for this simple person that i am. I will end up doing the telephone marathon I know but thought someone maybe have a simple solution, there was a service issue in the area  but its  not related to this issue 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You can try calling 0800 5610061 which is a status line that often lists more localised faults.

But it's quite possible that the fault causing this, is on cabling specific to you (between your home & the street cabinet) or even your particular box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks