Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Picture distortion

Been having picture distortion on several channels over the last few weeks.  Have reset box and checked cables but still happening.  Any help would be appreciated as so hard getting through on phoneline 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture distortion

Pixellation and picture breakup, once your box has been rebooted, is nearly always a signal level issue.

Are there any particular channels that are affected, as this may help narrow the fault to particular broadcast frequencies?

As long as all your connections are finger tight, I presume you've also tried swapping the HDMI cables between available inputs on your TV? Just to eliminate a cabling issue..

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Is is UK GOLD 4seven seem to be the main ones at the moment 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Gold is on the same frequency as Freesports HD (Ch553), can you see if that's also affected There are other channels on the same frequency, but that's available on all packages so will give an idea.

If that channel is also affected, then this would begin to suggest a signal issue that VM faults would need to resolve.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello, I've taken a sneaky peek at your TV details @lynnh and can see some errors relating to your input tuner levels 😞 I've arranged for an engineer to take a look and you can see the details via your online account for the date and can re-arrange it to a more convenient time if necessary.

Please let us know how it goes after the visit 🙂

Thanks,

Lisa