Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Picture distortion/ pixelation

Why is my tivo box pixelating and distorting my channels. My v6 box in living room does not do this but my tivo in my bedroom is getting worse and seems to get even worse the longer i have it on.... i personally think an upgrade to another v6 would be the answer as my tv is only 6 months old..

i have re booted several times changed hdmi cables and even tried changing the tv sets just to tick every box but im still gettig horrible picture distortion... any help greatly appreciated 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Picture distortion/ pixelation

Pixellated pictures are a symptom of poor TV signal. One reboot is always advised, to eliminate software issues - any more might jut hide the symptoms temporarily, but won't have any lasting effect.

If another box is in your home is working ok, that points at either one box being faulty, or the internal cabling having a problem. Swapping the boxes around will prove which, pretty quickly. Once you know which, call Virgin to report your fault and arrange either a replacement box or an engineer visit.

You can always ask the agent when you call, about swapping the box for a V6, see what they say.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture distortion/ pixelation

Tried swapping boxes and its deffo the older tivo box causing problems.... was on hold for 48 minutes today  with virgin... less call handlers due to covid etc

i will try again tomorrow after work .

thanks again

0 Kudos