Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Picture distortion on terrestial channels

We have two TVs with separate Tivo Boxes. The TV nearest where Virgin Media comes into the house is fine.  The other TV has serious picture distortion on BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 only.  Other channels are fine.  It is worst in the evening.  We have checked all the connections and tried rebooting.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to where the issue lies?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Picture distortion on terrestial channels

If, by distortion you mean pixellation, then this simply means you have a TV signal fault. Reboot the affected box once to make sure, otherwise... call 0800 5610061 to make sure there's no reported area issues. Unlikely in your case, but check all the same.

You've mentioned the terrestrial channels, but not whether these are in HD or SD? Also which BBC - 1, 2 or 4? VM's network doesn't carry TV channels into your home in strictly EPG order, and quite often what might seem like "random channels" are actually all the channels carried on particular broadcast frequencies.

You've mentioned having 2 boxes in your home, I would recommend swapping the boxes around. This would prove whether you have a box fault, or a problem with the internal cabling somewhere. Once you have that info, call VM Faults and report your issue - 150 from a Virgin phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, and they will likely arrange an engineer visit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture distortion on terrestial channels

Thanks. It sounds like there is a signal issue and now our 2nd TV affected too. VM now has a fault in our area so hopefully that might be the issue.
0 Kudos