Menu
Bethmw
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Picture distorted

Our picture has been distorting into pixelated blocks for almost a year now, getting steadily worse. It is now the worst on HD channels and recordings (it will last through an entire film making it unwatchable) but has been present on all channels. Watching Netflix etc. is fine. Sometimes the picture will freeze completely and sound will also be disrupted. Our equipment is now 4.5 years old so I'm wondering if that is a cause?

I have rebooted and checked connections. Does anyone have any solutions or are we likely to need an engineer visit/replacement hub?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture distorted

You have a fault, that's causing poor TV signal. You mention having this fault for almost a year - have you reported it at any point, and given VM a chance to fix it?!?

If there are any specific channels (including HD? SD?) that are affected, this may help ID where the fault is. It probably won't change the end result - call Virgin, report your problem and you'll probably either need an engineer visit or replacement box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos