Menu
amycam
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Pay for a private engineer to fix TV problem or alternative way to contact Virgin Media?

Hello, is it possible to pay someone privately to repair my TV?

I have had a distorted TV picture for four months, which I have been advised is due to two tuners having failed and requires an engineer visit to fix. Despite four months of trying I am unable to get anyone from Virgin to fix it so am trying to find out if there is anyone I can pay directly to fix the issue.

Alternatively if anyone is able to advise a way to get in touch with anyone from Virgin. I am unable to speak due to disability and have tried hundreds of times to use the Relay app advise but the calls have never got through and I have arranged for people to call the helpline for me but each time they get cut off at some point. These two options are clearly not working so if anyone is able to advise an alternative I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pay for a private engineer to fix TV problem or alternative way to contact Virgin Media?

No you can't

If its tuner failed VM will send out a new box
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pay for a private engineer to fix TV problem or alternative way to contact Virgin Media?

@amycam wrote:

Hello, is it possible to pay someone privately to repair my TV?

No, it is Virgin Media's equipment as far as (and including) your set-top-box, only their own staff should be working on such kit.

@amycam wrote:

I have had a distorted TV picture for four months, which I have been advised is due to two tuners having failed and requires an engineer visit to fix. Despite four months of trying I am unable to get anyone from Virgin to fix it so am trying to find out if there is anyone I can pay directly to fix the issue.

Can you just expand a little, on being "unable to get anyone from Virgin to fix it"? It may help to understand why you're having issues - I've had a look over your previous posts from November last year, but in the absence of any follow up, then it was assumed as resolved.

Is it, for example, that you're getting through to faults agents but they're not resolving it?

Is it that you can't get through?

Is it that you've had home tech visits but they're not resolving it?

If we can understand the issues you're having, then that's halfway to suggesting solutions. You've mentioned about using the Relay phone service and struggling with the VM IVR, you can try using Virgin's text messaging service on 07533 051809 if that's the case. There's a bit more info on this servcie at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/accessibility 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
amycam
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No one has come to my home to fix the issue.

When I have arranged for someone to phone on my behalf (approximately 12 times) they are put on hold numerous times and eventually the call is disconnected before the issue is resolved. The one time we weren't hung up on we were told the issue was due to external work happening on my street and that I should just wait a few weeks. This seemed odd as previously, before being cut off, I had been told it was due to tuners failing. I have waited way more than a couple of weeks so the external work can't be the issue.

In reply to my previous question on this forum someone said they would arrange for an engineer to visit me but the details of this didn't show up on my online account and no engineer ever turned up.

Thank you for the text message number. I have also tried this once before, again no one has responded to it, but I will give it another go.

0 Kudos