Menu
Jimmyt11
Just joined
Message 1 of 59
Flag for a moderator

Pause Sky sports Subscription

Hi,

With Sky announcing that they will allow customers to pause their sports subscription will Virgin be offering a similar service??

With no "Live sport" and just been temporarily laid off due to COVID-19 this would be a very welcome gesture!!

LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 59
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pause Sky sports Subscription

NO
A_wharton
Tuning in
Message 3 of 59
Flag for a moderator

I called them today. No was the answer.

0 Kudos
MB42
Joining in
Message 4 of 59
Flag for a moderator

• Would have thought they’ll be on board 🤔🤔🤔
0 Kudos
linny40
Up to speed
Message 5 of 59
Flag for a moderator

As said in another topic this was what i was told

I contacted them earlier & person on chat told me no i cant cancel as it takes 30 days & they told me it will  be back by 3rd april. Told then there is no life sport for the foresesble but apparently there is. & everything will be back to normal?? Really!!

now its been announced we should be auto paused

its about time Virgin came up eith something

0 Kudos
Scotspark
Tuning in
Message 6 of 59
Flag for a moderator

Does anyone have a contact email address as I don't see the live chat option and don't want to spend all day waiting on the phone about this.

Don't see why we should be paying for full package when there is zero sport for foreseeable future

linny40
Up to speed
Message 7 of 59
Flag for a moderator

There is a chat service, but its useless, you have to go via a bot & answer the correct question for it to transfer you, then sit there waiting & waiting for them to talk to you. I was told answeres are not instance & they talk to multi customers at once.

awful service of late!!!

0 Kudos
Scotspark
Tuning in
Message 8 of 59
Flag for a moderator

Really disappointing.

Would have thought the fact that there is no live sport would've brought in some sort of standard measures to help consumers.

Will see how people react when their contracts are up for renewal

0 Kudos
benpower85
Tuning in
Message 9 of 59
Flag for a moderator

After 1hr and 25minutes of being on hold I was told that there was nothing I can do as it is part of the package and not separate. Very frustrating as that saving could have helped and for me to cancel the whole package they want £600!!!

Very disappointing... Who would have thought that Sky would be more helpful than Virgin in times like these when my face to face, comission based job is pretty much going to stop.

0 Kudos
linny40
Up to speed
Message 10 of 59
Flag for a moderator

why are they asking for £600 to cancel the whole package, are you in contract?

At this rate, VM will lose so many customers if they do not come up with something in the next few days.

They cannot tell you you cannot cancel- its our right!
I was told last week that it takes 30 days to remove from your account, and by that time it would be up & running again. Well since the other day we now KNOW thats NOT going to happen.

I will try and contact monday and if no joy after around 30 yrs of being a loyal VM customer im happy to lose everything and go to sky - something i thought i would never do. But the customer service - which is NOT based in the UK is awful at this time. Maybe they have no idea whats going on in the world ???
0 Kudos