Menu
charlie-chalk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Package update

Hi there. I think I may have signed up for the Sky Sports package using the automated phone option, but I can't see anything to confirm it.  How can I verify this?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Package update

Can you view the channels on 511-519?

It's possible the automated service may have a 24hour response time, but trying to watch the channels is the best check.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
charlie-chalk
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for your response.  No I can't see them, but I didn't want to sign up by phone anyway - I actually wanted to speak to a person about the options.  I only really wanted Sky Sports for just one day.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi charlie-chalk,

the minimum period you can have Sky Sports  for on Virgin is 30 days.

You would need Now TV to get the one day sports pass.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
charlie-chalk
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Dave. I would have been happy to sign up for a month, as I understand that Now TV is not compatible with my television.
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi again charlie-chalk,

As you said in your original post, you might have already signed up for the monthly sky sports over the phone.  If I were you I would reboot your Virgin box and see if the channels are working. If not I  would also try again tomorrow.

You might be able to see any changes if you log into My Virgin Media tomorrow.

If nothings been processed then call in and ask for them to be added.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
charlie-chalk
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave.  I don't want to go into too much detail, but I'm not able to log into my Virgin Media account at the moment - an issue I'm trying to resolve with Virgin (but it's incredibly painful), and I've had an extremely unhelpful telephone call to Virgin this afternoon.  I really don't feel the urge to ring them again.

I was simply hoping there was a way to tell whether I had activated Sky Sports or not.  A simple email from Virgin would have been most useful.  I've never known it to be such hard work trying to resolve an issue with Virgin.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Charlie,

it's an ongoing issue at the moment with lot's of people unable to log into their Virgin Media account. They are aware of it, so must be working on a solution.

You should receive an email  to your contact email address to confirm any changes to your account, such as the Sky Sports being added. It might go in your spam/junk folder though, so be sure to check there.

Dave

0 Kudos
charlie-chalk
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No emails at all so far.  It would be so good to know whether I've signed up or not.  The telephone call suggested I had, but I can't see any evidence to support it.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Charlie-Chalk,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are having problems seeing what package you have .

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos