Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

PIxellation

I am experiencing pixellation on TVs, both thorough my V6 box and my TIVO box. This mainly affects sports programmes, much more prevelant on HD. Also affects some other channels, and 127 is almost always bad. I have reboted the box, but no difference.

Other posts seems to suggest an engineer visit necessary but not necessarily fully resolving the problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: PIxellation

Pixellation & picture breakup, assuming you've rebooted the box once to eliminate a software issue, is nearly always the consequence of a signal problem that only a boxswap or engineer intervention are likely to resolve.

You mention 127 (Dave) - depending on your package, check the following other channels:

Eden, Alibi, Yesterday, Sky Sports Action, Yesterday, HGTV, W, Drama, Really, Sky Two, Sky Crime, Sky Sports PL, Drama + 1, Now 80s, Now 70s

All of these channels are broadcast on the same frequency so a signal fault affecting one, will affect all of them. Given HD channels have higher bitrates, it is no surprise those will exhibit worse symptoms.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks