Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Orange Light

When switching my tv on today, the Welcome sign kept continuously appearing. I switched everything off, left it for 15 minutes and then switched back on again and this time all I get is an orange light on box. I have powered on and off with switch at back of box and also held the orange light button for more than 5 secs but still no joy. The box is also noisy with a whirring happening every few minutes,

Can anyone please help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Orange Light

The V6 hard disc has failed. Your box will need replacing.

If you have trouble contacting faults then a member of the Forum Team should respond here shortly.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon Shimba,

Thanks for your post and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you've been having issues with your set top box. Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me so we can arrange for an engineer to visit your property

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I managed to use your message service and they have agreed to send me a new box which should hopefully solve the problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting me know Shimba,

Please discard my PM

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I didn't get a new box in the end because they sent an engineer instead. He looked at the current box and then decided to install a new box.

The new box works fine, however, it is very noisy at night and makes it difficult sleeping. The old box used to be noisy but only in short spurts. This box is continuously noisy all night long. Any ideas where I go from here?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shimba. thanks for posting.

I am sorry you're having ongoing issues with your TV box.  Can I ask if this noise in question, is ongoing even when the V6 is in standby mode?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee,

Yes, the noise is constant which is different to my first box which used to make the noise randomly. It is not noticeable as much during the day because of the background noise, however, during the night when it is still, it is irritating. I have decided to switch the box off at night to aid sleep.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry  Shimba, this should not be necessary.  

To look into this further I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shimba

Just a quick post to confirm that you're happy with our response at this time?  Remember if you need us or our fantastic community members again, we're only a post away:-)

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos