Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ongoing TV picture break-up and pixelation-HD channels

TV picture is repeatedly breaking up/distorting, notably when on HD channels, especially but not  exclusively, when live..e.g. BT Sports, Skysports. 

Have rebooted, tightened and reconnected boxes and everything multiple times. Sometimes it improves for a while but always returns, This has been bad for a couple of weeks now. 

I have resorted to non-HD channels where picture quality is again poor, and is not always possible to do this eg At The Races channel. No reported issues in my area and some channels are fine so believe it to be a Virgin signal problem possibly?

Can ANYBODY help please its driving me crazy!

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ongoing TV picture break-up and pixelation-HD channels

If you've rebooted your box once, and your connections are all finger-tight, then this is likely a poor signal issue. You can check, if you've not already, by calling 0800 5610061 that there's no reported issues, if you're drawing a blank then assume your fault hasn't been reported and do so.

The best way is to call Virgin - 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone and follow the "I have a fault" options.

There is a text message service (07533 051809) which can take a few days, or VM staff respond on here but currently have around a week's backlog.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

okay so now 2 WEEKS and no reply from anyone, text or community, phone is fruitless. I still cannot view HD channels without interference, sometimes cannot even see picture; for over a month now, the services  I pay for have not been fully available and on and off before that. 

How can this be resolved?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This forum is primarily a user-forum and customers are always recommended to call in for any service-affecting faults.

Having said that, forum staff usually pick posts up after a week or so, it looks like this one has been missed so I've flagged it. Hopefully VM staff will be along "shortly"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi KENWARDS,

I do apologise for the delay in getting back to you, I'm not entirely sure how this one slipped through the cracks. That being said, welcome to our forums and thank you for reaching out. Also a massive thanks to japitts for flagging this with us!

I've had a look at the backend of your connection and can see that there do appear to be a number of issues with the services entering your property. The input levels for you TV are lower than we'd like to see, so we'll need to get an engineer out to take a look. I wanted to avoid any further delay so have gone ahead and booked the next available slot for you. An engineer should be arriving at your property on Monday 23rd between 8am-12pm. If you wish to cancel or amend this at all, you should be able to do so via your online account. Alternatively, drop us another message here and we'll reschedule for you ASAP.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos