Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

On demand

Hey, I had the Oomph package installed yesterday but my on demand service isn't working properly and my recordings aren't recording, anyone help with this? Please thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand

There's two separate issues here. Firstly please confirm you have a V6 and not a TiVo? Check here if you're not sure.

Recording failures: If you follow Home > My Shows > Recording hiccups, all failed recordings are listed, together with the reason for the programme not being recorded. This should help ID why your recordings are failing.

VOD: What is happening with your OnDemand - are you getting any error codes, for example? And how is your V6 connected to your homehub, is it Ethernet cable or WiFi?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello, thanks for your response.

It's a V6 box and I'm not getting any error codes, o try watching something on demand but it freezes after about 2 minutes and then tells me i can't watch it right now, but it works in the other 2 rooms upstairs. I believe it's connected by WiFi rather than ethernet cable. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Firstly on the non-working box, follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, in the top-right your network connection and (if appropriate) WiFi signal strength is shown. What is reported?

You imply that you've got more than one V6 in your home, and only some boxes aren't working? Are you able to swap the boxes around and see if the problem follows the box or stays with the room?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, sorry it's not WiFi by the looks of it, it's connected by ethernet cable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Try following these instructions on the box that isn't working, even if it isn't showing error code 604

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/604

=========
I work for Virgin Media but all opinions are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I tried all that but still no joy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You imply that you've got more than one V6 in your home, and only some boxes aren't working? Are you able to swap the boxes around and see if the problem follows the box or stays with the room?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Now you've been through the checks for error 604, try rebooting your V6 by turning the power off and on. Sometimes it needs a reboot after you've moved the HDMI cable.

What make/model TV do you have?

=========
I work for Virgin Media but all opinions are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Michellebagri, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry for the delay in getting back in touch and the issues you've been having. 

How're things since you posted? 

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos