Menu
angiepren
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

On demand

I have 2 boxes but on the main one downstairs the on demand, catch up and apps aren’t working but all working fine in box upstairs. Spent 20 minutes on the automated system and still can’t get to speak to anybody! Sick to death of virgin, poor wifi service, constant tv issues and can’t get to speak to anyone but paying nearly £150 a month. I’ve switched everything off already but it’s still the same...... help 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand

Hi Angie,

have you tried swapping the boxes around as that will help determine if it's a possible signal issue or faulty box.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey there angiepren, sorry to hear about your On Demand not working on one of your TV Boxes. Can I ask whether you have tried @newapollo 's suggestion about swapping the boxes around so we can determine whether it's the box or the signal feed? Can you give us more details about what you see when trying On Demand such as are there any error codes displayed and how the TV Box is connected to the broadband? Is it via a wired connection?

Sorry for the questions, I just want a clearer picture of the issue.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
angiepren
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

• Hi Lisa
  • yes error code M53 it says on the screen the account isn’t set up properly? On the home screen when I click on catch up etc the options are in grey and can’t be clicked on. The box upstairs is fine though with all options available so not sure why it says account isn’t set up properly? 
0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting me know.

Are you able to switch the boxes so we can see if it's the box itself or the signal feed?

Regards,

Melissa 

0 Kudos
angiepren
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes I’ve done that and the box from upstairs, which is working fine, has the same limited service downstairs! Managed to get through to someone on Tuesday afternoon who said the fault was a common one and very easily restored! He did lots of checks but ...... didn’t fix it so was referred to second level team ( who are working from home) and told I would be called back within the hour 🤣 was still waiting yesterday ( Wednesday) so rang  again to be told the wait time is actually 48 hours and I would definitely have a call back by 2pm Thursday ........ which is today and it’s 6.20 and still no call! 
absolutely shocking service all round and don’t know where to go now. I cancelled an appointment Tuesday afternoon to wait in and took yesterday off work waiting for the call. I wouldn’t recommend virgin to anyone just awful. 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry this is still an issue 

Can you please send a screenshot of the error that you're getting?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos