Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

On demand sky movies won’t play

Good afternoon, we are having issues with our sky on demand movies not playing the movies even though it’s part of our package! It simply doesn’t load the movie just have a blank screen when trying to play a movie! Have reset the box several times and have completely cleared it if any recordings etc! Have checked for any issues in the area but none have been reported! Have tried emailing and calling virgin but have been unable to get through or get a reply! Any help would be perfect 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand sky movies won’t play

I'm going to hazard a guess that, if you were to try watching any other OnDemand programmes, that they wouldn't work either - and therefore this isn't specific to Sky Cinema.

I'm going to further guess that you're watching on a 4K UHD TV and your V6 is outputting in 2160p/

If so... follow the advice on https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/604 as this is most likely an HDCP issue. Many older 4K UHD TVs don't support HDCP 2.2 on every HDMI port.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply we’ve always had the same tv and TiVo box and didn’t used to have a problem it’s only recently that it’s stopped working! It also doesn’t bring up any error codes! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Back to basics then... which box do you have? TiVo or V6? Check here if you're not sure 

Can you view other OnDemand programmes - don't choose BBC as that's an app, but any other channel's CatchUp or BoxSet. Pick anything you like, check it plays.

If this is a Sky-specific issue or a VOD-in-general problem, dictates where troubleshooting goes next.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for the quick reply! 

our box is a v6 not a TiVo box I’ve just tried watching Nickelodeon jnr on demand and it comes up with temporarily unavailable code 604 if that makes any sense! 

On sky movies on demand I didn’t get an error code 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

So you have an issue with VOD in general, not just Sky Cinema.

Are you watching on a 4K UHD TV? And if so, is your video output set to 2160p? Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Video Output?

If you do, then forget the fact that you're not getting an error code and follow the advice on error-code help for Error 604. This is beginning to sound like an HDCP 2.2 issue which not all older TVs support on all ports.

If this doesn't apply, please specify the make & model of your TV and what your video output selection is set to?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi I’ve just checked all that you’ve asked and it is what you’ve said! I’ve also followed the guidance for the 604 error code but still inop! 

The hdmi port has always been in the same port it’s not been touched just in the past 4 weeks we’ve not been able to watch on demand tv! 

The TV is a Panasonic TX-48CX350B hope this makes sense 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The latest update changed how the box works and so you now need to make sure the V6 is connected to one of the HDMI 2.0 ports on that TV as they're the ones that support HDCP 2.2. I think three on that TV do and one doesn't.

You also need to make sure you're using a High Speed HDMI cable.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply I’ll have another go tomorrow and post the results hopefully I’ll sort it! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Good evening! I’ve been out and purchased a high speed hdmi cable today from curry’s! I’ve tried the cable in all 4 ports of the tv and still the on demand service isn’t working 

0 Kudos