Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

On demand movies

We have the movie package, we can view movies on the channels and via mobile devices. But when we try to view a movie via the on demand service it asks us to upgrade to watch. We’ve watched movies before this way but now we can’t. Any ideas why this has changed?

thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand movies

Have you had a replacement box or anything since you last used this?

You can try following Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels. This should refresh your EPG and may just kick something into life. If not, it's the usual reboot and then call in...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It’s the same box.

nothing has changed since we last used it but I’ll try reboot and refresh etc.

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Stevep5950

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - sorry that you're having some issues watching some OnDemand films at the moment. I've not been able to locate your account from your forum information - are you still having this issue? 

Is it the Sky Movies you're having issues with? Can you advise how you're trying to access the OnDemand films? 

You advise you can watch via the channels live and on mobile devices - is this via the TVGo app? Are you watching them live via the app or via the OnDemand section? 

Keep us posted if you still need help

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, still having the issue, it's all movies via the on demand.

Example: We watched Raiders of the Lost Ark a few weeks ago via on demand. If we select this now it asks us to upgrade our tv service to do so.

We can still watch movies via selecting a channel (Sky and others) 

Just checked and we can watch any movie via Virgin TV Go.

Looks like its the tv box that may be the issue

To be honest I've been really disappointed since Virgin sold me the maximum TV package. Turns out I cant watch any of the sport on HD and the picture in SD is dreadful, almost impossible to follow the action or read scores/players number etc. Takes forever to power up and the channel guide always starts at the beginning so hard to work out what's on next without scrolling through 500 channels first.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Stevep5950 wrote:

To be honest I've been really disappointed since Virgin sold me the maximum TV package. Turns out I cant watch any of the sport on HD and the picture in SD is dreadful

If you're on the Maxit package, you should be getting BT Sports & Eurosport in HD - it's only Sky Sports that has an SD/HD differential. Which package are you on?

@Stevep5950 wrote:

Takes forever to power up and the channel guide always starts at the beginning so hard to work out what's on next without scrolling through 500 channels first.

Are you powering your box off at the mains each night? The box has power-saving to enable you to leave it in standy 24/7

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

When I signed up to the new deal Virgin told me it was the best TV package they had.

I asked them about the issues with HD and they said old tivo boxes can only handle a certain amount of HD channels (and call them to get a new box)

Would I be right in assuming to get SKY HD I actually have to upgrade and pay more money (even though I was told this was the best package available?)

I don't power off at the wall, just two presses on the remote. When I power on (via remote) I get a very pixellated message saying waking up.

0 Kudos