Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

On demand loses connection

On demand connection constantly breaks. Have been on hold to virgin for an hour when they cut me off! Have rang constantly for last few months but keep getting fobbed off with reboots that don’t work and being told network connections in my area are being resolved. Clearly not working. Can someone in Virgin get back to me? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand loses connection

Do you have a TiVo or a V6? if you're not sure, check here 

The boxes connect to the internet (for OnDemand services) differently.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It’s a TiVo 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ok, the TiVo's internet connection (for OnDemand) is inbuilt down the same cable as your TV signals.

On the front-left of your box are a series of green lights, the second-from left indicates the status of your TiVo's internet and should be solidly on. Is it?

Alternatively, follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network when you have problems, and does it report "Connected" in the top-right?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The light flashes when it loses connection; it is only when the light stays solidly green again that I can reconnect. This happens frequently while I am using any on demand service. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Your box is faulty, or there's an area fault. I would suspect the box, but all the same.

Call V/M and report your fault, but it may help to make a specific mention of the flashing green light on the front to prod the faults agent in the right direction.

Your other option, and it relies on you having had your current package for a while and also taking VM Broadband... take a look over current packages as to whether there might be a more cost-effective bundle for you, and try to negotiate a box-swap to the V6 into the bargain.

The newer box is much quicker in general operation and also has 6 recording tuners rather than the TiVo's 3. But it does need a separate connection to the internet via your VM homehub.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice : I keep trying to ring them but it’s virtually impossible to get through. I was on hold for an hour today before they cut me off. Pretty shoddy service really. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @AlSmth

Welcome back to our Community - sorry that you had some issues with your OnDemand and your TV connection. I have located your account via your forum information and I can see that you have since been in touch and we have arranged a new box to be sent.

Please do let us know how things go and if you need any further help once it's all installed and active. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos