Menu
Ianrouse
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

On-demand connection dropping out

I have an older TiVo box (not a V6) and have recently started to notice errors when using On-demand.

When viewing any catchup but more noticeable on box sets, the connection drops out every 15 mins or so and I have to wait for the box to reconnect before resuming the program. The connection always resets and we have not noticed anything similar with the broadband recently.  The set-up for the TV is exactly as it was when first installed by the engineer several years ago. There is a cable running from the brown box outside, directly to the TV point (it is not connected to the router).

I have also noted that the TV box has rebooted without notice a couple of times recently but not sure if this is connected in any way.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Paul_86
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: On-demand connection dropping out

Hi 

I may be able to help with this but will need to run diagnostics first. 

I will PM you, check the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Thanks

Paul. 78450

Field tech Guildford region

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Zoe_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello, if you can send me a private message with your account number and are code/postcode and i will look into this for you

To send a PRIVATE MESSAGE please hold over my name until the option send message pops up.

Zoe

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Ianrouse
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Zoe
I already had another technician contact so he is investigating for me.
Many thanks for your offer
0 Kudos