Menu
aljean
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

On demand and Netflix.keeps coming up with error connection

Hi,

for a while now I have had problems watching Netflix on my V plus box, it starts ok then within 20 mins, it starts buffering then stops at 25% and then says there is an error with the connection. I started watching Netflix through my Amazon fire stick with no problems and a better quality picture.

Now it has started doing it with On Demand, anything i try to catch up on, it stops and says the cables are out!  I have checked all cables restarted the modem, router and box. Still does the same thing.

My internet keeps dropping out when i am online gaming I am hard-wired,  So do not know why this is happening also.

I have just sat for an hour on the phone waiting for someone to talk to, then gave up. This is my second post on here, so hopefully, I will get a reply and a fix for all of these problems.

Thanks

0 Kudos
aljean
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand and Netflix.keeps coming up with error connection

No reply from any the Moderators? Why is this taking so long to get an answer?
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Because its not a hotline into VM - its a community help forum they let the community help first ! And should get here in a few days . If you only want input from VM call it in - they are still picking up - 08.00 is the best time.

Re. the issue... are you really still using the V+ box - not a Tivo or V6? Are they still working ? Did you not get notification from VM that you needed to swap it ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
aljean
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply, I work at that time in the morning, I was on the phone for an hour yesterday with no answer.

And I have a Tivo box downstairs and was not told I would need to change the V plus upstairs.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

see this...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/All-missing-channels-except-1-5/td-p/4315559

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
aljean
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks still can't get through on the phone though. Tempted to just cancel the direct debit, as this is getting redic, with the service of VM, as it is not just the TV it is also problems with the internet also.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

canceling the DD will not cancel the contract. you will build up a debt that will be passed to a debt collector and a black mark put only our credit file for defaulting

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello aljean

Thanks for the post and sorry we were not able to reply back to you immediately 

The V+ box I can get that swapped out for you, its easy to do and we can send a box out

The Netflix and On Demand issue is a bit more tricky as its a Tivo box you might be best letting me get an engineer to attend 

Let me know if you wish to go down this route 

Gareth_L

aljean
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Can you send me a new box out and see if that fixes the problem first? we have an Asus black night router, will this need updated for a newer model also?

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi aljean

As this issue appears to be affecting more than one service, I'll send you a PM to set up a tech visit. If it warrants the equipment being swapped then they will be able to do this on the visit.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos