Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

On Demand Subscription Required

Hi

I am a relatively new customer to Virgin Media and I have started to encounter an issue using the OnDemand service. 

Until recently I had no issues using the on demand service but over the last few days when I try to watch a programme it now prompts me to subscribe. I have been watching the same programme ( MacGyver on Sky 1) on demand since my services were installed and it is only now asking me to subscribe. I am on the Ultimate Oomph package which I believe to be the top package so I don’t understand why I can’t now can’t use the service. I have now noticed that I can’t watch any Sky 1 programmes on demand either. 

Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand Subscription Required

Hi Jonmcc1234,

I'm on the Ultimate Oomph and have no issues watching Macguyver or other Sky 1 programs via On Demand > Search or via Catch Up > Channels > Sky One.

Have you tried signing into Service status at the top of this page, there may be a message advising of a fault, and you can also run a test against the TV box  and broadband from there? By doing this VM should be able to send a signal to your box and try to repair it.

Have you tried rebooting your V6 and route?

You could also try the following using your remote control

Help & Settings > Help > Virgin T> go up to the top of the screen then TV Care and press OK >  Missing Channels.? > Refresh my channels list

If that doesn't work then you need to contact the Faults team. 

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

When calling Faults you will go through a series of questions/tests, if that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand Subscription Required

There's a few other things you can check here.. VOD has some content that's flagged as "CatchUp" and is inclusive on all packages, and some that's "BoxSets" and only included on the top-tier Full-House/XL.

Can you watch anything from terrestrial (don't choose BBC - that's an app) channels in the previous 30days? Pick any ITV, C4 or C5 programme you fancy and check - does it play?

Repeat the exercise using a pay channel, Sky One is as good as anything but perhaps Fox too.

Now try following Home > On Demand > BoxSets > and have a browse around, see whether you're able to view anything in here.

This might help narrow down the specifics of what exactly is triggering your "Subscribe to watch" error.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks