Menu
wokelly
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

On Demand Error.

I recently got an odd error code for an on-demand feature on my Virgin TV - this does not happen for any other services. Does anyone know what the code: AP6/102/NAV84181 means - and how can I remedy this situation. I decided to try the community chat as you provide a better problem-solving service than the telephone assistance and I can avoid an hour of waiting time.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand Error.

Good Morning wokelly,

Thanks for your post and I'm terribly sorry for the time it's taken to answer this post.

I've been able to look at the service issues in the local area and have been advised that we're currently experiencing a period of high utilisation, as cited below

Once this has cleared, we will be able to run through diagnostics to see if we can have this resolved for you

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Description:High D/S utilisation enfi-cmts-21-cable-mac131 - Status report || You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV or TiVo® services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are worki

Remedy Number:F007892259  

Date Open:19 MAR 2020 18:54

Estimated end date:01 SEP 2020 12:00

Customer statement:We are planning to undertake some upgrades to support the increased demand for our services in your area. When completed, any slow broadband speeds and buffering on TiVo apps you may be experiencing (particularly at peak times) will be resolved.

0 Kudos
wokelly
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sir. While my internet function has been terrible for five months - which now seems fixed - that is not an issue. This on-demand feature has had the same error messge for maybe a year. It is not a program I regularly activate, but when I do it is usually after midnight when customer services are unavailable. There is no problem until I try to access this content four months later etc... I have used this item intermittently for eight years or so without issue. All other on-demand services are unaffected. Most peculiar. And not an urgent problem. Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello wokelly

Thanks for your post on our Forums, Sorry to hear about  this on demand issue 

How are things looking now?

Just in case you need this looking at let me send you a private message to gain account details 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks wokelly

I have had a look at the account and can see we have had issue in the area going back to March 2020

This would cause you intermittent on demand access and could also cause loss of TV and slow Broadband

We do have a review date of the 15/09/2020

What I will do is check the account again then and update you 

If it's closed and you still have issues then I can book an engineer to come out 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
wokelly
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sir,

Your advice is welcome and helpful, although not affective in this instance.

I have been trying to find why error code: AP6/102/NAV84181 appears when I try to access pay-per-day adult channels on my on-demand service.

I have tried three different Virgin contact areas and still get the same standard replies. If the problem was a simple streaming fault it would have been righted by now, and I would not be writing these messages.

I do not require an engineer visit for a problem which affects me three times a year.

Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos