Menu
JonnyTwickers
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

On Demand - Block future usage

Hi. A friend of my son has seemingly watched without my permission a boxing match using On Demand on my Virgin Tv. My bill shows a £25 charge! I'm assuming he used a default PIN.

I want to stop the possibility of this happening again.  Advice would be gratefully received please!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand - Block future usage

Changing your PIN would be the first thing to try...

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/parental-controls-tv-pin advises how.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
JonnyTwickers
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks japitts.     Just 2 questions -

1. your link takes me to 'changing parental controls PIN' - is this same PIN that is used when On Demand movies etc are wanted by someone?

2. The link shows how to change the PIN if its forgotten - surely anyone (Including my son's friends) would merely do this and get access to On Demand?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

On your TiVo/V6 menu, follow Home > Help & Settings > Parental Controls, and also Purchase controls.

There's a few options in there that should achieve what you need.

The idea is that you'd change the PIN from the default and pick your own. I'm not sure what steps the TV Care menu take to verify you (and am not about to try!!) but I'd like to hope it's not something any old passer-by could do.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks