Menu
Brackett
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Occasional poor picture quality and pixelation

Hi, when watching HD football, and the ball is kicked quickly from one side of the screen to the other, it sometimes "stutters" in its flight.

Months ago, I phoned VM, waited ages, and someone told me to check leads and reboot, which I had done, and that they would look into whether it was a signal issue, whether they could boost it, and they would get back to me. No-one ever did. 

Now, months later, it still happens, and on a different TV as well. 

I also occasionally get some pixelation on YouTube videos. 

Any ideas? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Occasional poor picture quality and pixelation

Hi Brackett,

have you checked your TV picture settings? Most of them have modes which you can set/switch between.

For example, I have a Toshiba TV, I click on the picture settings and have the following modes, Sports, Dynamic, natural, Cinema and game, and I often switch between them depending what I am viewing., and further along in the advanced settings I have it set to HDMI Full Range ON. The HDMI one prevents my TV from suffering with stuttering/pixellation when watching sports.

I have my V6 Video Output set to 1080p, 2160p, and 2160 passthrough

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Brackett
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. No, I haven't. I assumed (maybe wrongly) that my fairly new TV would be able to adapt to whatever it was showing without the need to have to switch between modes every time (ie. I could keep it in Auto or Dynamic mode). But I can give it a try.

The comment from VM on the phone last time seemed to imply it could be due to the signal when watching HD, and they could (possibly) "turn it up", but they never got back to me as they said they would.
0 Kudos
Brackett
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tried switching to Sport mode, but still did the stuttering when the ball moved sometimes. 

0 Kudos