Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Nynex wire cut

We havent been able to watch tv or use the wifi recently and when we went to find out why we found out the wire was cut. Is there anybody who could help and is there a way to fix it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nynex wire cut

Hello

You are going to need an engineer to repair/replace the cable, this may be classed as a chargeable service.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Do you know how I could contact an engineer to come down and fix it for me. It would be greatly appreciated 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You can call in as usual - they are still picking up in the UK call center - may need to be patient. In the meantime some have suggested in other posts - that you could try joining/twisting the two ends together and wrapping in waterproof tape as a temporary fix.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It might be worth asking whether we are talking about the external cable - outside the house - or the internal coaxial cable connecting the wall socket to the Hub and TV box?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos