Menu
Oconnell123
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Non existent engineer

So in December I sign  a new contract with VM to get the oomph package with 1gb super hub4 new 360 box and mini box.  I used to have 4 tv connections but was told I would need an engineer to install a second mini box so I booked an engineer for today.  I have the email showing my new package from today with the extra mini box and as at the weekend the engineer appointment was showing in my account online.

so I take the day off work and wait in and no engineer shows up by 4 or has called.  I spend 40 mins in a queue and get through to the overseas call centre who tell me I never had an engineer booked!!! I never ordered an additional mini box!!! Even though I have the email!! So after complaining they put be back to retentions who dealt with my original order where after 20 mins I’m eventually told an engineer ran out of time and couldn’t make it.  I’m then told I would receive a credit for the not installed mini box and be transferred to quick connect to rebook the install.  I asked not to be put overseas but to a uk call centre as they just have scripts and I wasn’t prepared to wait a further 6 weeks if the engineer couldn’t cleft to me today surely I should be too of the list tomorrow but no I end up at an overseas call centre again and the lady tells me that because I ordered the WiFi pods two weeks ago it cancelled my engineer visit??? What the!! I’m after a new install of a 360 mini box and my appointment is cancelled because I ordered a WiFi pod how does that work!!! So I tell her that’s not what the man in retentions s told me so she said I will transfer you back to that department puts me on hold and then the line is disconnected.  Over an hour on the phone and now this.  So I call back straight to retentions and get put on hold and after 50 mins at 18:00 the music stops and the phone line rings to them go back to music and the. Rings again and then at18:01 cuts me off again completely.

I am furious angry and frustrated I’ve had no end of problems since upgrading.  I have no additional box installed which I’m paying for and in the last few weeks the WiFi boosters I previously had don’t work properly with the super hub 4 so I ordered a WiFi pod and the order wasn’t processed properly so it never arrived I need two as the house is big and I have 2 black spots at each end of the house but no you can’t have 2 you have to have 1 then reorder another.  So I again place an order and finally receive a pod and call back as I had told them already I’m still not getting full coverage of WiFi to be told after an hour that there are no pods In Stock til feb (no date in feb just feb)  and to call back in feb!!! She told me to plug the boosters back in and they would help!!! Hello you can’t use the boosters with the pods!! You’d think someone in the super hub4 tw would know this but I’m at the j erases call centre so their script doesn’t cover this!! Anyway the old kit was sent back to virgin so I do t have the old boosters to plug k  but hey they cancel my engineer visit to install my 360 mini box.

so now I have even worse WiFi than before less tv boxes before but paying for the extra and a days loss of earnings as I’m self employed and the thought of having to try and get through the phone lines and the script readers in the morning to rebook my install!!

words fail me right now for what I feel for virgin media!!!

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Non existent engineer

Good morning @Oconnell123 

Thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am really sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your services. 

We would really like the opportunity to resolve this. Whilst we can't speed up the manufacture of the WiFi pods, we can get the other issues sorted out. 

In order to get some account information I will need to get a PM. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Oconnell123
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Non existent engineer

So after complaining I get a new engineer visit for Friday and today I get an automated call confirming the engineer and then tonight I get a text cancelling the engineer what the hell is going on!!’

0 Kudos