Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No volume control on remote app

There isn't a board for the virgin remote control app so trying here.  The virgin remote control app works fine EXCEPT  there is no volume control at all on the app. Is this normal please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No volume control on remote app

the volume control on your v6 remote actually changes the volume on your TV, that’s why it’s not available on the app

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No volume control on remote app

Hi Tauriel,

Thank you for reaching out. For future reference, any TV Control queries would usually go on our TV on the go board, as per the board description. We're more than happy to help out though 🙂

The TV Control download page lists the following functions for this particular app:

- Manage your Virgin TV V6 or TiVo box, set up, manage or delete recordings
- When your device is connected to the same home network as your Virgin TV V6 or TiVo is connected to you can use your device like an advanced remote control for your TV. From the comfort of your sofa (or anywhere else on your home network) you can change channels, search through the On Demand library using a full keyboard, then pause, rewind or fast forward on your Virgin TV V6 or TiVo box as much as you like
- Take your selected recordings with you on the go or watch them live at home on any compatible device, in any room of your home with WiFi when you have Virgin TV V6, powered by TiVo

Our help page dedicated to using the app as a remote also suggests that volume control isn't available via the app, so I'd anticipate that this is expected.

I'll be honest, we aren't able to double check this in the office as we don't have the MyVM details for the account used. However, all information I can find would suggest that volume control is not a part of this app.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos