Menu
Penyx
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No tv signal

I had the basic TV package installed, all good; switched it off.  Then next day kept getting message saying NO TV SIGNAL with a further message that said "Your TV was on standby for too long so Signal gone" or something to that effect!  So much for trying to save energy & switching off (this was just for overnight, then was trying to switch on around 10 am next day). Called 0800 helplines x3 times, just on hold for too long, no help there. Digging around on this VM website, suddenly found instructions to 'Reset the TV box', hurrah it finally worked! Guess I shall just keep it on all the time, so much for energy saving. Also had rung a link via my mobile for tv faults, female auto-voice machine said they could run a diagnostic, told me the TV signal gone (well, I knew that!) but they would try to re-connect & to wait 10 minutes (can't remember exact words) so maybe that helped too.  All very frustrating. A simple start up booklet with some trouble-shooting advice could have avoided telephone frustration & lengthy search on VM website to find just the right advice (i.e. RESET the box!).

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: No tv signal

Error messages generated by the Virgin TiVo/V6 that relate to signal issues generally have an error code associated with them - what is this error code? If there isn't one, I'd suspect this is actually being generated by your TV to report no input on the selected HDMI port/cable.

Which box do you have? If you're not sure, check here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Penyx
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Keep getting 'No signal' message

Problem persists with getting 'No signal' message when I try to watch TV. I went through all the online help suggestions, including disconnect & reconnect all connections, switching the HDMI outlet, Mixit Box re-set, etc. plus ran online check as per the VM website troubleshoot, which said I had signal and was online, this despite TV saying no signal & not being online! (my hub was on too!).  Took over one hour to get  a signal, then suddenly it came on. This was not the first time I had to go through these checks. I am now afraid to switch my TV off as have to keep going thru these processes just to watch TV (this is outrageous). However, the TV also is too smart as it will just switch itself off if it has not had any attention for awhile like me adjusting the sound or changing channels, this is beyond weird. Not too impressed with 21st century digital technology at present.  Also, I haven't even tried any of the other functions on the TV, e.g. netflix, etc, and not likely too as no doubt will have a nightmare hour or so to get these functions to work. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keep getting 'No signal' message

Please post in the tv forum 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Penyx
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Keep getting 'No Signal' message

0 Kudos
Penyx
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Keep getting 'no TV signal' message

Problem persists with getting 'No signal' message when I try to watch TV. I went through all the online help suggestions, including disconnect & reconnect all connections, switching the HDMI outlet, Mixit Box re-set, etc. plus ran online check as per the VM website troubleshoot, which said I had signal and was online, this despite TV saying no signal & not being online! (my hub was on too!).  Took over one hour to get  a signal, then suddenly it came on. This was not the first time I had to go through these checks. I am now afraid to switch my TV off as have to keep going thru these processes just to watch TV (this is outrageous). However, the TV also is too smart as it will just switch itself off if it has not had any attention for awhile like me adjusting the sound or changing channels, this is beyond weird. Not too impressed with 21st century digital technology at present.  Also, I haven't even tried any of the other functions on the TV, e.g. netflix, etc, and not likely too as no doubt will have a nightmare hour or so to get these functions to work. 
0 Kudos
Penyx
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv box not connecting

I get this message as 'No TV signal' so think it might be the same issue.  I go thru all the troubleshooting advice on the VM website, plus re-set the Mixit box plus take out all the connections & put them back in again, and also run the check via the VM online TV service, takes over an hour and very frustrating. If you have a way to go into your TV settings, there might be an issue there.  I also switched my HDMI connection to port 2 rather than port 1, waited more than 10 minutes and eventually, got a signal, but all very challenging to do (as I paid good money for installation & don't think I should be having to keep doing all this) plus I am not that technically minded so find it very stressful, good luck, maybe this will help.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv box not connecting

@Penyx 

Rather than create multiple posts for the same question (which I've put together into one post for you), have you had a chance to check the questions in post 2 of this thread?

They might help the forum get to the bottom of this for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos