Menu
Gregg1980
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No tv for 4 days Cumbernauld

Hi first post, but I felt I had to do something to get some answers, as of Thursday I have had very poor reception TV glitching and freezing limited stations, there is a fault in the area but keep on getting emails saying an engineer is on there way but keep on pushing back when the fix date is which is now 5th of October a complete joke 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No tv for 4 days Cumbernauld

Picture breakip & pixellation is absolutely symptomatic of a fault causing poor TV signal.

Have you spoken to TV Faults to make sure they're aware of your loss of service? It may be your issues are believed related, or maybe they're not - in which case they might be able to task an engineer to your home separately.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No tv for 4 days Cumbernauld

If it’s an SNR issue there is no quick fix, as it may not just be related to VM street equipment. Sometimes customers make unauthorised DIY alterations to VM cables that cause interference to the entire network section. Tracing these alterations is not easy for obvious reasons.

If the issue on the fault ticket specifically relates to the problem you have, you have no option to wait for it to be resolved. You are are unlikely to get partial service loss refunds. Providers only usually refund for total loss. TV services are also not covered by the OFCOM automatic compensation scheme.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos