Menu
Amber60
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No sound

I have had no sound for a week now using my Virgin and at breaking point due to unhelpful staff. You can’t speak to anyone..frustrating!! I have tried everything to fix this including rebooting my box at least twice a day, changing ports, checking wires, using paper clip to reset box and still no sound. I will be cancelling my DD if I don’t get any help here 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No sound

Does restarting your box resolve the issue? Even if only for a short time.

However frustrating the service may be, I would not recommend cancelling your D/D. VM don't take kindly to missed payments, and it will make whatever C/S problems you have, worse. Potentially also impacting on your credit file.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Amber60
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No...it makes no difference whatsoever that’s why I am so frustrated as this has been like this for over a week now.

I sent a complaint to Virgin today regarding their customer service 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Amber60,

Does following the advice here help? your-tv-sound-isnt-working 

If you have a sound bar then try it without the sound bar as that or the sound bar cable may be the issue.

I had the same problem as your good self and solved it by having a spring clean behind my TV (it was like spaghetti junction) I unplugged everything from the mains  including each device (TV, TV, computer, router, Nintendo Switch etc). Then after straightening everything out I reconnected everything up and voila, the sound was working again.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Amber60
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Port config test failure

Mine is exactly the same, says it has failed. Not been getting any sound for 9 days now on TV or apps..great picture though so wondered if that was the problem 🙄

0 Kudos
Amber60
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

THIS PROBLEM HAS NOW BEEN FIXED BY AN ENGINEER 👍

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for posting back with an update.. for the benefit of others who might be reading this thread, was this a remote fix over the phone or a home visit?

Do you know what they did?

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos