Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 38
Flag for a moderator

No retention phonecall

I’ve been with virgin for 21 years and every year at the end of contract I’ve had a phone call . I’ve  cancelled and my services all stop on 29th, five days to go and had no phone call. Rang up today and said no ones rang from retention and lady informed me that retentions don’t excuse no more. Offered me a new contract Way to dear so I guess I won’t be staying with virgin no more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 38
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No retention phonecall

Sorry to hear that the team haven't contacted you yet Ttwlcd and that they couldn't give you a better offer. Have you opted out any calls from us, if you have the team wont contact as you have specified that you don't want us to call you?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 38
Flag for a moderator

As a long-term, loyal customer, I have never had an outbound call from Retentions. That is reserved for the unloyal who pretend to cancel in the hope of getting a ridiculously low price to stay.

Well done, Virgin Media, if you are clamping down on this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Well I’m sorry this if you haven’t had a phone call but I didn’t come up with stupid plan, I been told every year to do this by retentions team. They said it’s only way you get the best offers. I hate every year going through with the same game I cancel then wait for the phone call. I need the best offer I can get I don’t have money to spare. I didn’t come up with this game it’s virgin game.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 38
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

To play the game you have to be prepared to leave, you can always come back next year

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 38
Flag for a moderator

It’s just weird after 23 yeas I’m down to the last five days and not heard a thing. Even when I just rang them their weren’t really interested

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 38
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You’ve taken the cancellation risk and, this time, it’s failed.

I trust you’ve made other arrangements?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 38
Flag for a moderator

What do you honestly think of course I have things in place. I’m not silly

i don’t threaten to leave unless I know I can beat virgin offer. Of course there’s so many offers out there now. I don’t need a home phone not used it in ten years but had it with virgin because having everything made it cheaper for me. I don’t even need the tv offer. Son would like the internet but I’m sure I find what he wants 

still holding out for a phone call lol 

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Steven no they always ring my mobile, because we don’t a phone connected. I didn’t know they had it till I was in hospital and they rang me with an offer about three years ago and now every year they ring the mobile x

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 38
Flag for a moderator

It sounds to me like you're not really sure about leaving VM, but you're trying to play a game with price and they've called your bluff.

Like others have said, if price is your deciding issue then make your other arrangements and prepare for your VM services to be disconnected. If you're playing chicken, then it looks like you've lost and it's time to pay whatever price VM have offered you.

Only you can decide.

0 Kudos