Menu
BarrieHW
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No loyalty

No loyalty

So I see they are offering new customers a new 43 inch LG TV or £150 towards bill.

They offer more or less top package for £79.

However in meantime loyal customer over 24 years get price increase. If I wanted the same package I'd be spending £99 pcm.. £20 more for the same. I have spent near £25k over the years and what loyalty do I get back he haw.

I have started cancellation process. Its time to move on and take my loyalty elsewhere.

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No loyalty

'Its time to move on and take my loyalty elsewhere'

you aren't loyal though. because virgin aren't offering you a free tv, you leave. loyalty means staying no matter what.

new customers always get the better deal and are groomed in by deals. sky and bt do the same. as you leave, sky and bt customers come to virgin because their provider isn't offering free tv's etc to them. the new customer deals business model is encouraged by the regulator and by successive governments over many years. it allows for competition in the market place. you leaving proves it works.
BarrieHW
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@jamesofmerton

you aren't loyal though. because virgin aren't offering you a free tv, you leave. loyalty means staying no matter what.

So I've been with Virgin Media for 24 years, in that time I worked for Sky TV where I've seen sky+, sky HD, 3D and sky Q come in.

As a perk I could've had staff deal getting all freebut I didn't. 

Reason being their BB isn't or even compare VM.  VM TV rent channels from Sky.. In that they pay more which in turn reflects on price I pay.

In my time with VM I have seen the speeds increase but so has price.. Numerous BB issues even at 350. 

I've seen V6 and now Tivo.. Tivo is fantastic, stable however again premium product premium price.

For years waiting fir Sky Atlantic to come but still waiting. 

So I appreciate your comment but where am I not loyal? As I say 24 years near £19k later.

I have never had a new customer deal but paid for everything.   I don't think I'm asking too much. 

Im not throwing toys out pram as not getting new TV.  It's merely principle, existing customer prop up the business to allow discounts for new customer. Only I'm my experience as a retention analyst and advisor to say it doesn't work. The churn rate after 12 months is high. 

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So who do they do these deals for ?

All of their 6 million existing customers? A very good way of going bust, as most of these deals are sold at a loss.

As for Sky Atlantic, this was created out of most of the programming Sky bought from Virgin when they took over the Virgin 1 channel as part of a deal. This included better pricing for the Sky Basics (Sky One, Sky News, Sky Sports News) but got us locked out of Atlantic. Indeed several top Sky execs were very vocal at the time about VM never getting the channel. Sky only seem interested in bundling this with NOW TV, as they have with BT customers to circumvent their competition.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@BarrieHW wrote:

No loyalty

They offer more or less top package for £79.

However in meantime loyal customer over 24 years get price increase. If I wanted the same package I'd be spending £99 pcm..

It says for "Ultimate oomph"  ...

£79 a month

for 12 months

then £139 a month
£35 set up fee applies*
(12 month contract applies)

Which is really ~£82/mo with set up fee included.  So you say you would get the same package for £99 - I make that a £40 loyalty discount you are now receiving on the "standard £139/mo price" for that package. Ignoring the new customer discount - which you would have had back in the day when you were a new customer.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Phil_C
Rising star
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Quick comment about Virgin media and loyalty. There is no loyalty discount - ever.

If you call them and say you are thinking of leaving, they will offer you a 'loyalty disount' in an attempt to get you to stay. If you accept it, your monthly bill will be significantly less. But that only last for the 12 months contract you entered into by agreeing to it. When the 12 months is up, your 'loyalty discount' disappears.

What happened. Did you suddenly become disloyal and unworthy of a loyalty discount? Of course not. You never had a loyalty discount. You had a discount that they lied about, saying it was for loyalty. It was just to get you to stay. And they'll lie about every time you enter into the 'thinking of leaving' mode.

Virgin does not do loyalty in any way. They only do money.
0 Kudos