Menu
mckeown627
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No delivery and no idea, yet again!

I'm at a point where not only will I not recommend Virgin Media, but I would actively encourage others not to bother.

For the second time, I have ordered items, only to be let down at the VERY last minute.

I ordered my new 360 box and agreed to pay £35 for the 'setup'. Delivery was booked 6 days in advance. I have received texts all week to say how great things are. Yesterday, VM confirmed delivery was going ahead. Even this morning, VM confirmed my "kit's on its way". Two hours later, "Sorry, your delivery's been delayed by things beyond our control".

This also happened with my original V6 boxes. That time, VM told me they had tried to deliver the boxes but the shop was closed for the day... clear lie, as I was stood in the apparently closed shop at the time.

Today's 'delayed' text also states delivery will now be on 21/12/20, but after speaking to four advisors and being cut off twice, it's clear that no one has the faintest clue when it will arrive.

Two of the advisors said the issue is down to low stock. A third said it's actually the V6 boxes that are low stock and to cover this, 360 boxes are being issued to customers with faulty V6 boxes.

An advisor in retentions claimed that, despite being rolled out in other areas as far back as October, "we just didn't expect it to be so popular"... this means, a company the size of Virgin Media are rolling out a brand new product right before Christmas which they have severely understocked, but are still taking payments for. That alone, is a massive reason not to bother!

All I want right now is to cancel my contract and move to Sky, but I'm being told if I did that today, my services would stop on Christmas Day!

Can anyone, anywhere, please provide me with answers as to what is going on?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No delivery and no idea, yet again!

Hi mckeown627,

You say, " I'm being told if I did that today, my services would stop on Christmas Day!"

When you cancel you have to give 30 days notice, therefore if you cancelled today your services would not end until midnight 18th January.

You still have working V6 boxes so could go ahead and sign up with another provider which will probably take a couple of weeks to complete.

Looking at various threads there is a shortage of V6 boxes, although it appears that the TV360 boxes are still being sent out, and the late delivery's may be down to either stock levels, or courier issues.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
mckeown627
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi David,

Unfortunately, that's not the case for me. I recently cancelled due to multiple issues like these. I was then retained with assurances these issues wouldn't continue. This was only recently and as I'm past my previous contract date, but still within 14 days cancellation, if I were to go ahead, the process would be quick.

The Christmas Day cut off was given to me by the VM retentions team today.

As you stated, to sign up with another provider could take weeks, especially with all the holidays.

I also appreciate there may be issues with stock levels or courier service, but VM have used the same services for many years and should have further control, or at very least some sort of idea of what exactly is going on. VM should at very least be able to tell me what the exact issue is.

At this moment, no one knows anything and my only options are to pay £35 for the inconvenience, or face having no services just in time for Christmas.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@mckeown627 wrote:

Two of the advisors said the issue is down to low stock. A third said it's actually the V6 boxes that are low stock and to cover this, 360 boxes are being issued to customers with faulty V6 boxes.

Faulty V6's aren't being replaced with 360's. The TiVo & V6 both use the TiVo-based platform, the V360 uses another one entirely.

The two can't be mixed in the same household, and a change to the V360 platform is very often a one-way journey.

Some customers have been given TIVo's as temporary replacements. As has already been explained, cancellation notices take 30days to run, so you'd be looking for a new supplier to take over on or before Jan 18th in order to not have a gap.

Virgin Media are not the only company to have been caught out by a new product release. Not by a long stretch.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
mckeown627
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Japitt,

I appreciate your explanation but it is not myself that needs to be told. This is conflicting information between VM advisors. From a customers point of view, I'm more concerned with solid answers than clarity on what it MIGHT be.

VM may not be the only company to be caught out with stock levels but most other companies tend to know it is actually stock levels effecting the order. I've been told it could be stock, it could be courier, it could arrive anytime, but there's no tracking number, and we're low on stock, so it probably won't be soon, even though we text to say it was on it's way...

Due to the mentioned Christmas day cut off and 14 day cancellation period ending, I have a very hard decision to make in a very limited amount of time. And the best advice so far is just to wait and see when, or even if it's going to arrive. 

Can you see how this can be frustrating? I don't feel it unreasonable to request someone look into where my order actually is and why I am consistently being lied to. 

0 Kudos