cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound using v6 box

S113lly
Tuning in

All was working perfectly when I went to bed last night, woke this morning to no sound at all, tried rebooting, factory resetting, disabling dolby audio, re-enabling dolby audio, new hdmi cable and also switched the box with my sons mini, there is still no sound, but when not connected to the box the TV sound works fine 🤷🏼‍♀️

Tried calling support and they've suggested a new box to be installed on Tuesday, but it doesn't seem like the correct answer when both boxes aren't transmitting sound... is there a setting I'm missing? 🤔

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try factory unplugging your TV from mains for a while or resetting your TV to factory as HDMI sockets might have a glitch

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try factory unplugging your TV from mains for a while or resetting your TV to factory as HDMI sockets might have a glitch

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I would say your TV is not processing the sound, two boxes are not going to to have the same fault, can you try a different tv or a different hdmi port on the TV

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I'll give it a go will let you know 🤞🏼

I just factory reset the TV and unplugged from the wall and its working now, thanks for the suggestions, I didn't think it would be the TV as the sound was working without being connected to the box, like you guys said it could've been the hdmi glitching, either way after tearing my hair out all morning, it's now sorted within 10 minutes of posting on here, thank you! 🙏🙏🙏

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@S113lly wrote:

All was working perfectly when I went to bed last night, woke this morning to no sound at all, tried rebooting, factory resetting, disabling dolby audio, re-enabling dolby audio, new hdmi cable and also switched the box with my sons mini,

A V6 doesn't have a mini box - all boxes have hard drives. If your multibox is a mini, then it sounds like you have a 360 - if you're not sure you can check here 

A TiVo or V6 also has the "TiVo" logo in the top-right of your menus next to the video preview.

This won't alter any hardware or external issues such as what this sounds like thus far, but may impact on any software-based solutions.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Japitts you're right it is a 360 box, I thought it was but then my troubleshooting guide on the app said v6 so it confused me, but the problem was my TV not my box in the end, but thanks for clearing that up ♡