Menu
Cat1b1
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No Power to TV Box

Hi,

I am posting on behalf of my aunt and uncle.

They have a very old TV Box and there is no power going to it following a brief power cut.

we have unplugged and checked all the fuses etc, checked the power button on the back and nothing is happening.

Any help would be appreciated as they are unable to telephone themselves and we have had issues in the past when i have tried to seak to someone on their behalf.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No Power to TV Box

Hi it sounds like the box they have has been decommissioned, as you are not the account holder its very difficult for you to do anything, can you be in attendance when they speak in order to establish they are the account holders then pass the phone to you so you can request a new box be fitted for them. Regards Micky
Cat1b1
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Micky,

this is waht we usually do but have had a few difficulties with it in the past as i have to prompt them with the answers.

We have sent in pwer of attorney documnets with accompanying letters as advised on the phone but we have done this 5 times and keep being told there's no record.

Thnk i was just trying to see if there was anything else i could do before having to run the gauntlet.

Thank you for your response.

Will try gving them a call and see how we get on. 🙂

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your post Cat1b1 and welcome to our community.

Did you manage to get in touch with the team to look through your query? 

Let us know as we're happy to help further if needed, it sounds like the power cut may have surged the box when this came back on.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Cat1b1
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

thank you  for your reply.

i haven’t managed to get through to anyone but we have managed to get the box working again.

kind regards

0 Kudos
SpacePhoenix
Superfast
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Won't the OP be getting a letter in the post anytime now about upgrading the old box to a V6 as any boxes that aren't a Tivo or a V6 get "retired" at the end of this month (from the 1st of July if a box isn't a Tivo or a V6 the only channels you'll be able to get will be BBC 1, BBC 2, ITV 1, Channel 4 and Channel 5).

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting us know Cat1b1, if you encounter any more problems please let us know.

Tom

0 Kudos