Menu
Shelljw
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No On Demand or Catch up, error code V202

I haven't been able to access the On Demand or catch up services on any of the 3 boxes in my home for at least 24 hrs. I have run all the tests, there are no known issues in our area and the kit has no faults. 

I have tried to phone and haven't been able to talk to anyone to resolve this. Is there another way i can get help with this issue please?

Thanks

Shell

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: No On Demand or Catch up, error code V202

Hi Shelljw,

That error code often means there is an outage or some planned work in your area ( even though it may not be showing when you look at Check service status at the top of the page....  Did you run a test on your equipment from there?

If nothing is showing, and the tests don't help rectify your issue then  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Failing that you could contact TV Faults.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues -  phoning this number will unfortunately take you through another series of questions relating to your set up/fault, often without helping.  However if you call back around 10 minutes later the system will recognise that you've used that option and an agent should pick the call up.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Shelljw
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your reply.

I did status check and tests as instructed on the website and i have tried the 0345 number, a test was done on my equipment and i phoned back within 5 mins but no one was available to talk to. I will try again tomorrow, failing that i will try the text option.

Its very frustrating that i can't get through to anyone.

Thank you for your help.

Shell

0 Kudos
g0akc
Well-informed
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Our On Demand has also stopped working - no error code, just a black screen when trying to view content from Sky On Demand.   It was playing OK last night.  If I try to view Chicago PD I get asked for the PIN (as it's before 9PM) but then just a black screen and no audio.  I have to press the back button to go back to the menus.  Same with other On Demand content.

The telephone service status lines seem to suggest there's an issue (described as complex) which is being looked at, but it's not clear if they are referring to this matter or something else.  I also have an ongoing fault, along with many others, that sound breaks up on BT Sport Ultimate.

I'm also fining it difficult/impossible to get through to anyone to raise this fault.

There seem to be some other threads on here about it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
Shelljw
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi g0akc,

Yes, i have seen a couple of other threads on here where people are having the same issue.

Hopefully the issue you refer to on the telephone status line, is to do with these faults and will be resolved soon. I will try to contact them again tomorrow and see if i can get any answers, if so i will update on this thread.

Shell

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Michelle,

This has been recognised as an outage with a fix time of 11:20am today

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
g0akc
Well-informed
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@David_Bn wrote:

Hi Michelle,

This has been recognised as an outage with a fix time of 11:20am today

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Ours is now working again this morning - I can now play On Demand content again - it's a shame the outage didn't show up on the status page to keep us customers informed...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
Shelljw
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi David

Thank you for your message.

The problem isn't fixed here on my equipment, i am still unable to use on demand or catch up and im still getting the same error code V202.

Shell

0 Kudos
Shelljw
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi g0akc,

I am still unable to access on demand or catch up and it still isn't showing up as an outage either. I agree with you about the outage information, would be nice to know.

It's good to hear yours is fixed though.

Shell

0 Kudos
Wolfie38
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I also have no catch up or on demand and get error code v202. There is no outage on either the service status nor telephone number but the problem has existed for a number of days! Dy1 area. I have rebooked the tivo box with no success.

0 Kudos