Menu
JohnWH
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New v6 box Activation

I've just setup a new v6 box (replace old tivo box), but it's displaying error code 7400 and majority of channels are greyed out.

When I call the 0800 number for box activation I get an automated message telling me that they were unable to activate by box and to stay on the line to talk to a member of the team, I'm then told the call centre is closed due to Covid-19.

Other background - we received replacement box just before going on holiday so didn't have time to install, then while on holiday we received a random text message from virgin saying that an activation signal had been sent to the box. Given that the box wasn't installed at the time it won't have received it. 

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,

John.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New v6 box Activation

All new  / replacement electronic equipment needs to be activated.

Activation number -  0800 953 9500 

Best time to phone is 08:00

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
JohnWH
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I guess you didn't read pass the first line of the post, but hey thanks for the response anyway ;- )

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Unfortunately for yourself, Mike has given the correct advice. Box activations are something that cannot be done other than by calling through. Quite often the automated service on 0800 9539500 can do this without needing recourse to a C/S agent, but there have been a few other similar queries today - suggesting there may be a problem at VM's end. If that turns out to be the case, I would imagine an announcement will be placed on the IVR and potentially on the service status page here 

I can only suggest that you patiently persist with calling VM to resolve this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
JohnWH
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi japits,

thanks for the response, yes I'll persist with contacting customer services to resolve this. I have to admit to being a little disappointed with the apparent vacuum that seems to exist were virgin CS should be, I had a small hope that perhaps a CS agent might respond here.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi JohnWH,

Thanks for posting on the community forums - many apologies for our delayed response and to hear of the activation issues with your V6 box.

I've been able to locate your account and can see that you were able to get through to our faults team in the end. Can you please confirm if they were able to successfully activate your V6 for you and get it working OK?

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos