forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Wert
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

New remote control

Three weeks ago I phoned Virgin for a new remote control for my TiVo box as 4 buttons on the old remote have stopped working. They sent a new TiVo box (ours is 8 years old) but it doesn’t have a new remote control. I rang again a week ago and was promised a new remote would arrive. I’m still waiting and, frankly, losing any goodwill I had for Virgin. It’s almost a month and accessing channels and on demand programmes is a faff because of the buttons that don’t work. Has anyone got any advice as to how I just get a simple new remote control through the post please? Thank you in advance of your help. 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: New remote control

Hi i wouldn't normally advise people to source virgin equipment from third parties, but go onto Ebay you can get a new one for £4 or £5. Regards Micky
Wert
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I thought about that, but I’d prefer to get one sourced from Virgin. Are the eBay ones genuine?
0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Whilst waiting to be provided with a remote control, you could use the TV Control app?

Take ultimate control of your Virgin TV V6 or TiVo® box. Set and manage your recordings from anywhere in the world.

Turn your device into a handy extra remote to set and manage your recordings, browse the TV Guide or change channel. Plus, with a Virgin TV V6 box, you can even stream your recordings to a mobile or tablet over WiFi around the home

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Wert
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

As I am of advancing years I don’t want to use an app to control my tv. I want a new remote. 

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wert,

Sorry to hear you're still waiting on your remote replacement. I've checked the details and can see that an order for a replacement has been raised to get it sent out to you. It was raised recently and it can take some time for our Equipment Team to process it and pass it to our Delivery Partner. Please give it a few more days to see whether it arrives and let us know if it's received. 

Thanks,

Lisa

Wert
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa,

thank you for your reply, my new remote did eventually turn up. Unfortunately I can’t get the guide button to bring up the TV guide screen nor can I turn my new TiVo box off with it, I have to get up and use the on/off button on the box itself. Am I missing something? All other buttons work. It’s very frustrating. 
thanks. 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wert,

Sorry to hear that you're still having problems with the new remote.

Can you please confirm whether you have paired the remote to the TV? If not, details on how to do that are here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-using-tv-remote#tab2. The page also lists how to reset the remote.

If you find that you are still having issues from there, please let me know and I'll get a second one send out to you.

Apologies again for the inconvenience.

Beth

Wert
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. The new remote eventually arrived and I managed to pair it with my new box.
Regards,
Vicky