Menu
John2021
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New channels

Hi , virgin said they had added two new sky channels at no extra cost , but when I try them I get a message saying subscription needed , so what is going on 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New channels

Guessing you're referring to Sky Documentaries & Sky Nature.

The HD channels on 277 & 279 are only included in the top Maxit/XL/Full-House TV tier.

The SD channels on 278 & 280 should be inclusive on lower TV tiers.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John2021
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New channels

So , have been trying to find out why I can’t get new channels 277 and 279 without subscribing and have been cut of more than once this morning , also unable to make a complaint about being cut off because the link on my virgin media would not take me through to make it , is this the way virgin treat long standing customers , far from happy and not the first time , have still not resolved the problem either with my email address that has only been partially sorted , roll on competition in this area to give me an alternative to virgin . 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@John2021 wrote:

So , have been trying to find out why I can’t get new channels 277 and 279 without subscribing

@John2021 

I've merged your duplicate posts.. you asked this question yesterday, not sure if you saw the reply - scroll up in this thread. Which TV package are you on?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
John2021
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for that ,thought it might be the case , but does not read like that , they should point that out when they send you the message and not make it seem as if everyone gets them , another problem with virgin that could have been avoided , still not resolved my other issue with my email though .

I still wish BT would upgrade around this area , loads of people are fed up with virgin , but if wish broadband , they like me are stuck , I think virgin should take this onboard , because when BT do upgrade , well , watch how many leave .

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@John2021 wrote:

Many thanks for that ,thought it might be the case , but does not read like that

The VM press release is here - are you able to view the channels in SD? Are you getting any error messages on channels 278 or 280?

I can't see any reference to the HD channels on that page.

Post details of your email issue in the email forum here , and I'm sure the locals there will assist.

0 Kudos