Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

New Virgin Tv customer

Hello. I signed up to Virgin Tv last night. I have Virgin Broadband already. I received an email acknowledging my order and that due to the current situation with Covid-19 things are taking longer than normal. Appreciate all of this but does anyone know please how long I might  have to wait for this service? I can’t find any indication anywhere and of course can’t get through by phone? 
Not meaning to be impatient but would just like to be told roughly how long this might take?

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Virgin Tv customer

hi quickstart packages usually take 3-5 days to arrive and you will usually get an email or text from courier on the morning of delivery to give you a time window

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The normal situation is that it is assumed your TV is near the hub, & VM will send out a kit comprising of a V6 box, splitter & short coax cables to allow you to connect both boxes, plus a 3 metre Ethernet cable to connect the V6 to the hub. If your TV is not near the hub DO NOT accept a self install, as you will need a home visit to modify the coax cabling & to adjust signal levels if required.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I wasn’t given the option of someone attending but am slightly worried that I won’t be able to set this up myself. The tv will be near all of  the workings for the internet so presume that’s what you mean by the hub? 

Alison

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I’m not a particularly technical person. Will this be easy enough for me to work out how to set up for myself?

Best wishes

Alison

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello AliB1

Please don't panic. All our Self installation Kits have easy to follow instructions 

Gareth_L

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant. Thanks for your help! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I asked for a TiVo box over 6 weeks ago and am still waiting..I cannot use our V6 box as no longer on virgin broadband so they agreed to send me a TiVo instead...still waiting and paying!! and due to current situation am unable to get anyone to talk to me..you need customer service but their call queuing times are 45 mins plus..I know I’ve tried and if you go through sales, they’ll push you to customer service half way through your conversation with them...sadly they seem to be very keen on taking on new customers but that’s where it ends..I wish you luck...I’ve been with them over 10 years and always been excellent service so this is totally disappointing 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello.

So I was all happy then I received this email. I can’t get through to anyone by phone!

Here is what was written:-

Thanks for placing your order with Virgin Media. We can see from your details that you have recently contacted Virgin Media to make some changes to your account, therefore we haven't made any additional changes.

As you already have our services, any pre-payment that you have made online will not be taken. If you need to speak to anyone regarding the changes to your account, just call our team on from your Virgin Media phone or mobile, or from any other phone. 

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

i’m sorry but can someone from Virgin please check that my order hasn’t been cancelled and what exactky this email means? Makes no sense at all!

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello.

So I was all happy then I received this email. I can’t get through to anyone by phone or on the Live Chat! 

Here is what was written:-

Thanks for placing your order with Virgin Media. We can see from your details that you have recently contacted Virgin Media to make some changes to your account, therefore we haven't made any additional changes.

As you already have our services, any pre-payment that you have made online will not be taken. If you need to speak to anyone regarding the changes to your account, just call our team on from your Virgin Media phone or mobile, or from any other phone. 

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

i’m sorry but can someone from Virgin please check that my order hasn’t been cancelled and what exactky this email means? Makes no sense at all!

Many thanks

0 Kudos