Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: New V6 box periodically cuts out

Hi Josh,

The v6 box is in eco mode, do you need me to switch that setting off so that you can run diagnostics?

I unplugged the HDMI cable and waited a moment before plugging back in, and since my previous post we have not had issues with the audio/video. I suspect, as it has done already, that that issue will return. I do no wish to have to unplug the box periodically for it to work correctly.

The issue never happened with our previous box.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi PD_VM,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Next I'd like to arrange for a technician to take a closer look so I'm just going to send you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi PD_VM

Is your TV a SAMSUNG? There seems to be an issue between SAMSUNG TVs and the V6 box. I had a Virgin engineer out who replaced the V6 box but we got exactly the same random screen blanking. Check out https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/Picture-dropout-Black-Screen-with-new-V6-box-amp-Sams.... I suggest you ask for a TIVO box as that worked.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Recently, the issue described in this thread has been happening again. Please can this be addressed ASAP?

Last time the resolution was to replace the box entirely. As a result, I lost the recordings on that box.

best regards

Pete

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Good Evening Pete,

Have you managed to speak to our team since posting in our Community Forums

Can you please advise me if this issue is still on going?

If so, can you tell us if this effecting Live TV only or does this effect On Demand, Catch up, recordings and Netflix or Youtube?

Does this happen on any particular channels or does this happen at any particular times of the day?

If you can answer the above, it will help us run full diagnostics on the account

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi David,

I haven't spoken to your team since posting my latest post in the forum.

It is an issue that is unpredictable. I will endeavour to keep a record of when it happens, and on which channels/applications.

I will update you once I have some more information of the issue.

best regards

Pete

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator

This is (by no means an exhaustive) list of issues I've observed - I have experienced other issues but did not have the opportunity to record them. 

04/07/19 BBC One Breakfast news, image flickered (akin to being switched off and back on quickly), no noticeable affect on sound 

05/07/19 All channels unavailable for at least a few mins upon switching on V6 - gave up trying.

07/07/19 Distortion of image while watching recording of 4HD

10/07/19 Flicker of image (looked like static interference) while watching recording of ITV4 

19/07/19 Loud output of static sound after box was turned off.

22/07/2019 While paused on a recording of ITV4, image suddenly cut to static for ~20 seconds, after which it swapped back to the image of the paused recording.

24/07/2019 Watching the One Show live on BBC, image flickered (like switched off and back on rapidly)

26/07/2019 Watching BBC Breakfast News, image flickered (like switched off and back on rapidly)

What must be noted is that this TV also has inputs from other HDMI devices, and such issues are never experienced when those inputs are in use.

Please let me know how this will be addressed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @PD_VM

Cheers for popping back with that information - unfortunately we have been unable to connect to your box from here; it looks like it may be switched off or in standby mode.

I can pop you a Private Message to go through security with you and then we can go through further diagnostics - please do look out for the purple envelope and pop me a reply when you can. 

It also may be beneficial to call us for a more immediate response as the Faults team can go through the checks with you in real time and ensure that the box is switched on at the time of the checks we do. You can contact them on 150/03454541111. If you do call us - please ensure your box in switched on and not in rest mode or standby. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos