Menu
Highlighted
PD_VM
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

New V6 box periodically cuts out

We recently upgraded to the new V6 box. At irregular intervals the output from the V6 box appears to cut out. When this happens, the TV itself displays the standard "no input could be detected" message. Within 10 seconds, the picture and sound return to normal. This morning alone, it happened more than 5 times within an hour.

Please let me know what steps will be taken to resolve this.

0 Kudos
PD_VM
Joining in
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: New V6 box periodically cuts out

To add more detail, hopefully to speed up a response/resolution: the behaviour of the V6 box cutting out, described in original post on Saturday, only seems to affect live TV (not on demand or catch-up).

0 Kudos
PD_VM
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The described issue now affects on demand service too.

I hope this can be resolved asap

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rebecca_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi PD_VM, 

Thanks for getting in touch and Welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy 

I'm sorry to hear that your V6 box keeps cutting out. I've located your account and tried to run some diagnostics on the box, however we're not currently getting any response from the box. Is it switched on at the moment? If so, could you restart it for me and let me know once you've done this or if it is switched off at the minute, let me know once it's powered on? We'll try running the tests again then and find out what's causing this.

I'd also recommend checking that the HDMI cable is in tightly both at the back of the V6 and in your TV and also trying a different HDMI cable if possible. 

Speak soon 

Rebecca 

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
PD_VM
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response

The V6 box was switched on and was on standby today whilst I was at work, so it's concerning that you couldn't get a response from it.

We've been using it this evening and had have tried different HMDI cables. The cut out is still happening.

Please let me know the next steps for diagnosing the issue.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi PD_VM, 

Thanks for getting back to me. Sometimes we don't get a response from the box if it is in standby at the time we run the diagnostics. 

Could you try restarting the box using the On/Off switch at the rear left hand side and let me know once you have done this? We should then be able to run some diagnostics on the box and find out what is causing to happen. 

Speak soon 

Rebecca 

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
PD_VM
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Morning Rebecca,

Over the past few days we've done a string of restarts.

Yesterday evening, and so far this morning, we've experience the expected behaviour from the box: The picture and sound no longer seem to be cutting out. This is good news.

Feel free to run diagnostics, as the cut out was always unpredictable. I cannot say for sure that it has stopped

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey PD_VM

I'm glad to hear things seem to have improved! 

I've ran the diagnostics again and everything looks good at the moment. If the box does cut out again, let me know and i'll take another look at it for you but I'm hopeful that this won't happen again! 

Take care 

Rebecca 

Forum Team

0 Kudos
PD_VM
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Since last week, we have once again been experiencing this issue of unpredictable cut outs of picture and sound.

I look forward to a long-term resolution.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi PD_VM,

Thanks for posting!

I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your V6 again.

I've run diagnostics on your box but it appears to be offline at the moment. How has it been since posting? Is the picture/sound still cutting out?

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos