Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New TV Box

I have an old Cisco HDMI box, compared to the newer boxes it is very slow. After speaking to customer service who say I don't need a replacement, does this mean I am stuck with a slow box until it breaks? or is there any other course I can take?  Thx in advance for any replies

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New TV Box

As long as you are also Virgin Broadband customer & you can get either an Ethernet cable or a clean WiFi signal to a V6 there is no reason you can’t have one.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Willystone,

I agree with nodrogd, if you have VM broadband you should be looking at getting a V6 box instead.

It's faster, more reliable and has more apps. It works best with an ethernet connection, although it can also be used with wifi.

If I were you I would speak to regrades and negotiate a new package, and ask for a free box swap as part of the deal.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 4 (Changes to your package) but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues or around tea time.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ok thx both those replies, think I will try the texting option first off and take it from there... cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you're looking to renegotiate your package, I wouldn't personally bother with the text message service. I'm not even 100% sure they can handle these queries.

Get an idea on what package you're looking at, by playing around with the build your bundle page. This will give you new-customer prices which you shouldn't expect to match, but will give you a ballpark figure.

Then make a call to 150, follow the "thinking of leaving us" option and discuss your package with a C/S agent. Hopefully you can come to an agreement on a new package and swap to a V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos