Menu
wokelly
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New Hub wifi.

I have successfully installed my new hub thing. All Okay except that the TV is not seeing the wifi from the hub which appears to have been turned off. I use an ethernet connection from the hub to my PC. The old setup used to allow me to do both. My recording service is fine, but all ON DEMAND and CATCH UP services are stopped. What should I do? There is an hour waiting time on the phone service so I am trying here.

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New Hub wifi.

A new Hub will have a different SSID (network name) and password.

You will need to go into the network settings and choose the new SSID and input its password.

I no longer have a V6 but I am sure someone will come along and advise the correct way through the menu system.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You need to follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network.

If no connection is present, there should be a prompt to search for WiFi networks.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

wokelly
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the helpful responses. I solved the problem by following the on screen instructions via the Virgin thing. I had to press the WPS button on the hub in order to activate the wifi whatsit. Which worked. I haven't noticed any improvement in picture, but at least we got one. Cheers.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Your live TV channels don't use the internet. CatchUp & other VOD services do.

Glad you got it sorted.

0 Kudos