Menu
Laurence69
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Network problems with TV connecting to the internet

Hi

I can’t connect to the internet on the TV. The WiFi is connected but no internet. 
All our other devices work eg phones but not TV. We can’t get Amazon prime or i players . But weirdly Netflix works fine .

I have tried all connection settings via virgin help . We have rebooted the hub 3 instructions. 

Also we have a distorted picture with slow and juddery. We reboot it and it will work fine for 2-3 days then the fault will return.

I had the engineer out a month  ago and he swapped out the Hub box as he checked and said it was faulty .I called him out as we kept getting WiFi drop outs . The tv was fine then. Whilst the drop outs have been resolved we now have the problem with the TV distorted picture. When I do the checks it says virgin needs to send a signal and reboot. This has not resolved it after numerous attempts .

I look forward to any help.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Network problems with TV connecting to the internet

Hi Laurence69,

You say that the engineer swapped out the hub box. 

The new hub will have a different SSID and password.  Are you still trying to connect to the old hub SSID?

You don't say which TV box you have, but you are say you can't connect to Amazon Prime, so that would suggest it's a V6 as Prime isn't available on the old TIVO boxes.

Using your remote go to  Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to the Virgin Media TV service now, and click on Change Network Settings > Connect to WiFi

Press the WPS button on your Hub until the light flashes, then press OK on your remote to continue. Your box will attempt to connect automatically. 

If the connection fails, select try again to return to the Connect to WiFi screen and follow the connect instructions below.

From the Connect to WiFi screen select Search for WiFi networks with your remote and press OK.
A list of local networks will be displayed. Look for your network name and press OK and then your password from the base of your hub 
Once connected you will see Connection Successful screen – press OK to continue

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Network problems with TV connecting to the internet

@Laurence69 wrote:

Also we have a distorted picture with slow and juddery. We reboot it and it will work fine for 2-3 days then the fault will return.

newapollo has given some good advice in terms of your internet, router & WiFi setup, but.... which pictures are distorted?

All of your OnDemand and streaming apps are fed over your box's internet connection. All of your live TV channels are fed from your co-ax, and faults there are indicative of signal issues.

If you have signal issues, that can't be fixed remotely and more than likely needs an engineer to physically check your equipment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos